Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Few Product Reviews

Here are a few of the products I've been using that I think are worth mentioning.

First up,  the Squatty Potty.  It's kind of a funny concept growing up in the United States, but many cultures still go to the bathroom using the "Third World Squat."  I first read an article about the proper way to eliminate and started looking further into it.  This is a pretty well made video.



Now I'm starting to see these recommend in a few places.  I like it and think there pretty cool.  I'm keeping mine.

Next up is the Slingshot from Marc Bell.  It essentially unloads some of your weight and supports your elbows as you bench or do push ups.  While it did do what it said it would do, allow you to complete more push ups.  I didn't really see much benefit from doing them that way.  It was strange in that I didn't get a pump in my triceps or chest from doing more push ups and after playing around with it a few days, haven't really used it to much since.

I've been doing some reading about how computer screens late at night can trick your body into not falling asleep.  Since I read a ton on my iPad at night, I looked into some options.  I forget who recommend the blue light filter from LowBlueLights, but it seems to work.  The blue rays are what causes suppression of the sleep hormone Melatonin.  My first night using it, I fell asleep while reading.  I had never done that before, but did all the time while reading hardcover books.  It's easy to remove in the daytime as well.

I had heard of the Perfect Health Diet for awhile now and finally bought the book and read through most of it.  I agree with most of it and think it's a solid way of eating.

So those are a few things I've been playing around with.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello there,

I have really enjoyed reading through your blog. You have some really good stuff here ("toilet video is amazing:D) along some very interesting and informative posts.
I think I could help to get you some new readers if you are interested?

I am looking for passionate writers to join our community of bloggers and I was wondering whether you would consider sharing your posts on Glipho and become a member?

It might be a good idea to give your writing and your blog more exposure while having fun and meeting fellow writers.

Please check us out at http://glipho.com and drop me a line at hubert@glipho.com for any questions.

Best!
Hubert