Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Recommended Reading List

This past week was hanging out with some friends in the therapy world working the World Championships and we got to talking about books.  It made me think of the books I would recommend for someone either getting out of school or working with patients/athletes.  These are in no particular order.  What they have in common is that they have either altered my training or my treatment.  Knowledge is useless if it doesn't impact your practice, training or patient/athlete encounters.

1.  Functional Soft Tissue Examination and Treatment by Manual Methods by Warren Hammer.

2.  Science and Practice of Strength Training by Vlaldimir M.  Zatsiorsky

3.  The Coach's Strength Training Playbook by Joe Kenn

4.  Running by Franz Bosch

5.  Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe

6.  The Sensitive Nervous System  by David Butler

7.  Diagnosis and Treatment of Movement Impairment Syndromes by Sahrmann

8.  Ultimate Back and Fitness and Performance  by Stu McGill

9.  Pocket Atlas of Anatomy.  (my dog chewed the authors name off)  I like to travel with this one.

10.  Clinical Nutrition for pain, inflammation and tissue healing  by David Seaman.

11.  Physical Therapy of the Shoulder by Donatelli

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great list I have many of those books in my library!