Friday, March 16, 2012

Product Review: Vitamix

I've been a juicing and blending advocate for years and years. I think I lived off a blender when I was trying to keep weight


on for football and bobsleigh with protein smoothies. As my focus shifted to more nutrient based drinks following a family members diagnosis with Non hodgkins Lymphoma, I got heavy into juicing.

My only problem with juicing was the pure laziness of myself. I hated the prep and especially the clean up. I did it less and less. Enter the Vitamix.

I didn't think I needed an expensive blender, which wa my initial reaction. My views have changed. This thing is a machine! It has replaced my blender and juicer. If I had purchased it first, I probably would have saved money.

In the past month I've eaten (ingested) more vegetables then probably the previous year. Bonus, you still get the fibre. I contacted Terry Wahls of Feed your Mitochondria fame, and she gave the green light on it being used for following her 3 cups of greens, 3 cups of sulphur and 3 cups of color routine.

Highly recommended. Oh, you can clean it in less then 30 seconds!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whats a good recipe for the 3 cups of green/sulpher/color? Thanks!

Jason Ross said...

I have been using kale, red cabbage, carrot, frozen banana (makes anything taste ok). Frozen blueberries, walnuts, ice and water.