2. The VMO has three innervation's, so the muscle should probably be worked in three different ways.
3. Menisci are the most important internal knee structure. Cruciates can be repaired and replaced. To date the only thing they do with menisci is remove them. I heard an orthopedist say you lose your season with a cruciate, eventually you lose your career with a meniscus tear.
4. People still think high blood cholesterol cause heart disease. This has never been proven. Listen carefully to any of the drug commercials such as Lipitor. They never actually claim cholesterol caused heart disease, because if they did, a false claim, they would get into some big trouble. They imply it, very clever.
5. When a muscle is strained it is usually a fast twitch muscle such as a hamstring with type 2b fibers. Most rehab protocols focus on the slow twitch aspect, type 1 and 2a fibers. Match the right rehab with the correct fiber type and healing will happen a lot quicker.
6. For a blanket statement. If you get your neck extensors stronger, all your upper body lifts will go up.