Saturday, March 7, 2009

Results are the bottom line


Results are the bottom line. In the end that's what it comes down to. Results. Did you win? Did you compete. I'm employed to help keep athletes healthy. To get them to the starting line and compete with confidence. To let the athlete compete to their full capabilities. I'm proud of this last season. We had 41 teams race races this past season that I was involved with. No athlete missed a competition due to injury. We had to be smart with some practice situations and be smart with training, but in the end, everyone raced. Don't get me wrong, I'm just a small piece in the puzzle. We had great ATC's this year. Byron Craighead was with us the last 5 weeks of the year. He's probably been involved with more athletic competitions than I can ever hope to be. He brought 30 plus years of experience working with everyone from the Raiders to Olympians to junior college athletes. Also, the athletes play a huge roll, smart warmups, cool downs, nutrition, stretching, foam rolling, ect...When everyone contributes, everyone wins!

No comments: