So you now want to keep those Growth Hormone levels high and appreciate a great nights sleep. So here are a few helpful tips.
1. Keep your room as dark as possible. Think back to the caveman.
2. Keep your room cool. 66-68 degrees has been shown to be pretty optimal.
3. If you wake up for any reason, keep the lights off. Only in darkness will your body produce melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone that is released by the pineal gland, it produces healthy sleep cycles (along with a lot of other healthy stuff!).
4. Keep the electromagnetic levels to a minimum. Keep your bed at least 3 ft from alarm clocks, tv's, radios. In the perfect environment, leave this stuff out of the bedroom.
5. Get on a regular schedule. Go to bed and get up at the same time every day....even the weekends. According to Ayurdevic medicine 10 pm to 6 am is the optimal cycle. I think it depends on the person....I know personally that 1 am to 9 am is great from me.
6. According to feng shui, you should sleep with your head to the North.
7. Avoid caffeine in the late afternoon and night. Hopefully that's a no brainer.
8. For men, a zinc/magnesium supplement will often times help. Try taking it an hour before bed.
So there are 8 tips to help achieve peaceful slumber and get those GH levels back up. Do you have any tips that you have found work great for you?