Thursday, June 3, 2010

Superman Push Ups w/Valslide in Grand Rapids

Here is another new exercise I've been playing around with. It definitely is a great core workout. I like it because unlike a plank, this is a core exercise with what I call a movement challenge. While no exercise is truly sport specific, this would be great for rock climbers. Looking at myself do the exercise, I think it can also be used as a bit of a diagnostic tool biomechanically. You can see what hip wants to open up and which one doesn't under a heavy load. Interesting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look unbelievably hard,

Joel

Jason Ross said...

They def. get the core stabilizers working hard. Next time your in, give it a try.

Joel said...

i picked up a set of "moving men" sliders from walmart... really cheap version of the valislides...

Jason Ross said...

I looked into those moving men, let me know how they work....a pack of 8 for 6 bucks!