Monday, January 20, 2014

Random Food Cravings and Coffee Doesn't Dehydrate You

Ben Greenfield has a nice listing of what food cravings can mean.  For example, have a cheese craving like my 2 year old.  You may be missing essential fatty acids.  What Food Cravings Mean.

If you ever find yourself wanting to help other people in terms of micro finance I've been using Kiva.org for a few years now.  It's been a pretty cool experience.  My goal is to lend to someone in every country in the world.  Kiva.org

I've saved the best for last.  I always just trusted the advice that coffee was a dehydrator.  This was because of a study done in 1928.  Turns out wasn't that great of study.  Well that notion was put to the test and you can read the study here.  No evidence of Dehydration.

Thats the great news for us coffee lovers.  No evidence was seen in the hydration markers and this was done with 4 cups of coffee per day vs consuming 4 cups of water.  So my advice will change from now on.  No longer will I say for every cup of coffee, must drink another cup of water.


"Faith is taking the first step when you don't see the whole staircase."  MLK


No comments: