Wednesday, August 6, 2014

If You Want Change, Then You Change

Everyday that I work seems to go so fast it's crazy.  See one patient and then before you know it, it's almost time to go home.  I guess they call this flow.  My days Flow, except a two hour block on Wednesday.  Even my office manager has noticed.  2-4 on Wednesdays seem to go at a much slower pace.  I've always wondered why.  It sort of bugs me as like I've said, the rest of the week goes by in a blur.

So I've decided to see if I can affect this.  I normally have the same routine I do on Mon and Wed morning.  But, how can you expect something to change without trying to change?

"Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result."  Albert Einstein.

So, last night I go to bed an hour earlier.  Today I woke up an hour earlier.  I went for a nice bike ride around a lake by the house.  Did some farmers walks and push ups.  Ate a different breakfast.  Went to a different coffee shop.

Lets see what this Wednesday brings.  If nothing changes, at least I can say I've tried something.  Make an effort to change, if change is what you're after.

1 comment:

Jason Ross said...

update...my day flew. I think Wednesday will now be my day I do a different routine as my routine!