Sunday, March 30, 2014

Increasing Coffee Knowledge

I've been on a quest to learn as much as I can about coffee this past year or so.  I find myself enjoying it more,  the more I know.  Probably not a coincidence.  There's something cool about knowing the history of this Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee I'm drinking.

One of the important things to realize is how important the grind of the coffee bean becomes.  This is an article that talks about the development of a hand grinder and gives a short overview of why the grind is important.  It's all about the Grind, from NPR.

If you want to really learn, I mean really learn about the history of coffee and how it spread through out the world,  then this podcast from Joe Rogan with Peter Giuliono is a must listen/watch.  I learned a ton.  Warning,  if you have never listened to Joe Rogan, it's not for the easily offended.

No comments: